About the Workshop
Funded by the Champlain Local Health Integration Network, this evidence-based program is designed to help people with chronic health conditions overcome daily challenges and take control of their health.
Who can participate?
- Ontario residents experiencing chronic conditions (such as arthritis, kidney disease, chronic pain, cancer, depression, asthma, respiratory disease or any other chronic condition).
- Individuals with all levels of computer skills can participate from anywhere that they can access a computer (or mobile device) and internet.
- Caregivers, friends, and family members are also welcome to participate.
About the Program
- A FREE, six-week, highly interactive workshop that takes place entirely online
- Participants log on at their own convenience 2-3 times per week for a total of about 2 hours per week
- Each workshop is led by two trained peer facilitators
- Groups of about 25 individuals participate together
- New lessons are posted each week
- Confidential and anonymous
Topics covered by the program include:
- How to handle issues such as pain and fatigue
- Activities for improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Medication management
- Healthy eating
- Effective communication with health care providers and loved ones
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- Making an action plan, problem-solving, and decision making
Benefits of Participation
- Gain confidence in managing your own health and maintain an active and fulfilling life
- Learn how to better manage your symptoms
- Learn tips to make your daily activities easier
- Develop self-help tools and strategies
- Mutual support with other participants living with chronic health conditions
Prefer an in-person workshop?
Click here to learn about in-person workshops in the various regions across Ontario.